1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Total invoicing over 10k ...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alpine692003, Jan 14, 2005.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 Senior Member

My invoices are about 14k total, for the past 2 weeks now..

I want it to surpass the 20k mark :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  2. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

my favorite time of day is checking the mail box.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3. alpine692003

I never knew how important the mailman was until now ... payup payup payup

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Alpine,

How many trucks do you have? What are your main contracts?

5. alpine692003

I have two trucks, people tend to go crazy over here..

Its lots of sidewalks, small driving areas, stairs, entrances to stores, etc..

Not a lot of parking lots, so the plow is useless.. We use a lot of shovels and the snow blowers, ..

My main contracts are with apartment buildings, office buildings and a village!

6. derekbroerse

Ahhh lots of pricey handwork!!! (I hate handwork!)

Which end of the country do you work out of?

I billed out a little under $4k for the last two weeks of December, working by myself...

7. alpine692003

I'm at about 13,000 right now.. After today, I'll be at around 16,000 for salting prices.. I go through 40 bags of ice melter per event.

Do you have MSN or AOL? If so, whats your name I'll add you..

8. cpr

cpr Junior Member

My total was close to $17 000.00 way to much fun, salting seems to be the thing that really makes the money. this year in an average day of salting i am putting down two skids of salt. lots of bags to open but my new snowex 6000 salter makes quick work of spreading it.

9. alpine692003

After tonight, I'll be at 19,000..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

cpr

Have you thought about purchasing a spreader that will handle bulk salt or do you not have access to it? Bulk salt is about 1/2 price.

11. cpr

cpr Junior Member

The salt that i am purchasing is at a good price, i have looked into bulk, at this time i dont have the storage facility to handle the quantities that i would get in. I currently purchase sifto salt in 40kg bags for $4.10 per bag. My spreader would be able to handle bulk salt, I looked into buying it in totes at the start of the year but was told of to many stories of it hardening in the totes. last year i went through 24 skids of salt and so far this year i am 16 skids.

12. derekbroerse

Its too cold here at the moment. Good part, ground is frozen again, bad part, no snow. Maybe later.

We went from 15 above to 15 below over night. This weather is screwy.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There is not a place close by where you can buy it by the ton. Here we pay $70/tonne(2200lbs). You are paying $102.50.

14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Wow :eek:
    You guys are kicking some a$$ so far I'm upto about 3K only one truck no salter yet only 20 accounts if I break 6 for the year I'll be happy. payup

15. alpine692003

Well, our weather forecast calls for 10cm's of snow..

I am getting the guys ready, I pre-salted the other properties that are not a priority at the moment, but the one p[roperty that is a priority I have 6 guys ready and on stand by..

We are going out @ 10:00pm and I am payng them from 11:00pm - 7:00am.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Where are you located?

17. alpine692003

18. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Your snow is heading to the interior tonight, we're supposed to get about 2 inches or more, however its -25 celcius right now. :confused: I had a heck of a time getting things started today. Right now everything is loaded with sand, plugged in and ready to roll. This will be our fifth event of this month. Last January was 7 times and its only the middle of the month so we should be seeing some good revenue coming in at the end of the month as well. Sure is strange to see that much snow in Vancouver, usually it snows and melts the next day. Good luck alpine, I was looking at the radar and it should be snowing over there right now. payup

19. alpine692003

Nope, aint snowing yet..

We are camping out at one of the complexs (a mall) out in our city, 7 man crew, from 10:00pm - 7:00am.. I told them, once snow starts falling start clearing all the little bits and pushing it... I dont care ...