1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torwel Economizer V-Box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Highpoint, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

I checked, the only thing I found was Gordyo's Used one for sale. Any body actually using this spreader? We are considering offering this product to our customers. 1.7 Cu. Yd. Stainless will list around $6000.00 with Honda motor.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Not at that price. That type of spreader should be 4500 tops. Saw an airlow yesterday just like that for 3200.00 new
    Dino

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I had one and got rid of it. I had far too many problems with it. Mine had an 8hp Briggs. The motor ran fine, but keeping the electrical connections working was a chore. I had to replace the connector plug annually and if I was lucky it lasted the season. They build the unit with bushings on the transfer power shafts instead of serviceable bearings, this was a constant problem too. The spinner bearing is nearly inaccessible to grease and is exposed to the material with no shielding. I don't miss it at all.

4. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Thanks for the info, I'll probably shy away. I checked out the Airflow. That looks like a better contender.

Any feedback on the Buyers Stainless 1.8 Cu Yd?

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

go to angelos supply, they have a airlow ss on sal for 2900
    the ad reads that the pric expires 10-1, but they may still honor it
    Dino