1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torwel Economizer Spreader Parts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sbp156, Jan 15, 2016.

1. sbp156

sbp156 Junior Member
    from VT

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone with more experience with Torwel spreaders can chime in here. I have the Economizer gas/hydraulic with a Tecumseh engine (I wont even get into that). Lately I have been trying to get parts for it and they seem to be hard to get and expensive. The hydraulic pump is leaking around the input shaft seal and Torwel says they do not offer a rebuild on the pump, only a new one. Does anyone know of a part number or the original company who makes the pumps and a model for Torwel? I would much rather rebuild than put a new one on. Its hard to find informtion on these spreaders.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. boatmehcanic

boatmehcanic Junior Member
    from Iowa

Im in the process of tracking one down myself. Ill let you know if I find anything.

3. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

I have one of those units. I would contact my local hydraulic repair facility. They should be able to help identify and supply parts. But if it is just a seal they are pretty much standard. Just take measurements and match up a new seal from your local supplier.

4. mrv8outboard

I will try to verify but I think it possibly is a Haldex pump.

5. sbp156

sbp156 Junior Member
    from VT

Off the top of my head I cant think of any shops around me. Unfortunately, its the wrong time of year to be pulling seals out in the hopes of finding one, especially since the spreader still works. I do know a lot of seals are the same, I was just hoping to find a kit so I had the seal BEFORE I took it apart. Haha. I have had that move back fire on me before.

6. mrv8outboard

I have not looked yet , but are there any numbers on the pump?

Northern Tool & Equipment have similar looking pumps on their site. It has the manual for the pumps for download as a PDF. In the manual is a part number for a repair kit.

This is for reference only as you need to identify the pump manufacturer.