1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion Spring MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Nov 28, 2008.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Anyone ever seen only one a hole for the torsion spring ubolt. In all the literature I could find on fisher's site there was 2 holes, the second being on a tab that extended out past the lower head gear frame (see photo). I am thinking the sandblast guys blasted the tab off and didn't say anything. However there is no weld marks where it used to be. Unless they were covering it up by grinding them down prior to paint. It would seem ******** only applying one nut to this u bolt. I can't even see that working. I'll fab one tonight if there is no other solution from my Plow Site Gurus here. Let me know if you guys have any incite on this. Thanks!

T Spring_Page_2.jpg

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

mine has a tab welded on it I just went and check for you so I bet it came off during blasting

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah, thats kinda what I was thinking happened. I appreciate the help on that. I am off to do some fabricating. Shouldn't take long at all, god knows it's a small enough piece.