1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

torsion key help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Feb 7, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 that i snaped the leaf springs on so i bought new to me leafsprings from just chevy trucks a place near me that sells salvaged chevy/GMC truck parts then i bought a leveling kit that comes with rear add a leafs for extra payload cause i think that is what killed my old leafs well after 10 hours in the garage yesterday replacing the leaf springs i tried to do the torsion keys this morning and cant get the old keys off the torsion bars. didn't know if anybody had had this problem or knew a way to help get them off thanks for the help
  2. bean7654

bean7654 Member

I used some pb blaster and a hammer and was able to pound them to get it off the bar.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

PB blaster, heat, BFH and that should get it for you. Make sure you have shock extenders as well. The front shocks are very short and will be at max length once you lift the front up. Or get a set of longer shocks.