1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevytruck85, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I have a 05 chevy 3500 dump truck with a 8.5 western on it and it sags a lot with the plow on I was wondering how much I should crank the torsion bars?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How level is it without the plow on?
    If it's fairly low without it, I usually give them 3-4 turns for starters' and see how it works..
    If it need more, I'll go 3 more, that's usually enough but every setup is a little different..
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Friend of mine in the tree service industry has a 06 1 ton 3500 with a high capacity chipper box on it and mounts a Boss 8' on it in the winter. He cranked his T-bars out 4-6 turns and also installed the Timbrens load helpers which he swears by.
  4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I had read somewhere that 4 turns would be the max without an alignment. I went 4 turns and timbrens.....big difference over stock

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

load em up

for your truck i would not adjust the bar's just add the timbrens ,and have the alignment checked anyway ,if it does not destroy the hook up height ,you may have to lower the mount if you can .