1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

torsion bars

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by apalermo, Nov 4, 2004.

1. apalermo

apalermo Member

hey gang,i just got my artic mount installed on my 1990 1/2 ton pick up.3350 lbs.front end.my question is thay did not touch my torsions.my truck sits high up.i went home and put the 7.6 poly plow on.and the truck went down but the bottom of the mount is still about 8 inches above the ground.the steering is quite tough to turn to.do you think the torsions should be cranked.also no timbrens istalled.truck is sitting high has about a 3 inch lift.but the front is only 3350 lbs.please let me know if i should go back and tell them to crank the torsions.thanks.
  2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Check out the thread in the Chevy Trucks down below. You might find your answer there. I personally cannot give you an answer but you might find it there.

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

4. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I had my 7.5 western pro plow installed on a 2001 GMC 1500. Got to the dealership after it was first installed and experience the same thing, Stiff turning.

I just built a frame for placing ballast (sand/salt/calcium bags) in the bed behind the wheel wells. Placed between 600-700 pounds in there. Then installed some timbrens. Road much much better after that.