1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion bars?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 97S104x4, Apr 6, 2011.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

does anyone know if a chevy 1500 torsion bar will fit in a s10? im trying to upgrade the front suspension to handle the weight of the plow and my torsion bars are completely shot. i know the zr2 bars will work but i cant find them anywhere in any local junk yards. soo what other torsion bars should fit a s10?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bars

one word NO! get some timbren load boostersThumbs Up

3. sd_truck_tech

sd_truck_tech Inactive

Hello 97s104x4,

We would suggest the same thing as Wild Bill. The torsion bar keys will just reindex you anyways even if they did fit. You want some additional load support to keep you up, so go with an s10 front timbren kit like that one and you should be all set.

You'll be level when you plow, and you won't change the look when you down have the plow on there.

4. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

im not talking about replacing the keys, im talking about the actual bars. mine have sagged way too much and i am in need to new ones. soo i wanted to go with thicker bars, and was wondering what other bars would fit an s10. i dont want to replace the keys

5. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

anyone else have another answer? im still trying to figure out if chevy 1500 torsion BARS will fit an s10, even though they are a higher spring rate

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm pretty sure the full size (1500, 2500, 3500) bars are longer than the ones for the small trucks