1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion Bars..... How Far?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PlowingHD, Dec 18, 2005.

1. PlowingHD

PlowingHD Junior Member

Has anyone found exactly how many turns you can run a set of torsion bars up before it starts to become a problem for tire wear? My 2500HD with 8'2" Boss V hits the ground at the tips when going over dips in the road and somtimes when turning corners. Already went up 6-7 turns, wondering if I should check on a set of timbren load boosters and if so are they expensive. Currently snowing up here in Traverse. Love the lake effect
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Plowing HD
    Most of us Chevy owners crank them 5 turns, and yes buy yourself a set of timberns. They will cost about 150.00 but well worth it. I have a house in Arcadia just south of Frankfort. My sister is on her way up there today and I told her you better be ready to do alot of shoveling just to get to the house.

Regards Mike
  3. shoman44

shoman44 Junior Member

torsion bars

All dimensions are measured vertical to the ground. Cross vehicle Z heights should be within 12 mm (0.47 in) to be considered correct. Good Luck