1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion Bars and Timbrens

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by don_luciano674, Nov 22, 2005.

1. I have a 2005 1500 Ram 4x4 Quad Cab and am puttng a 7' Boss Poly on it and was wondering since it has torsion bars should I level the front with the back and also add Timbrens or should I just put the Timbrens on? I have two small lots and and a couple driveways to plow so I after some research I figured that truck and plow combination would be perfect. Oh yeah another quick question; The mount kit that comes with the kit says I need 14.5 clearance from the ground to the holes but I'm only getting 13 with it flush to the bumper, should I cut some or it off to get the proper height or wait to get the timbrens on and see? If anyone has pics of their trucks and can post them it would be greatly appreciated.:)

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

| just put timbrens on my ram and put 360 pounds ballast. I was ok w/o the ballast too.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

| just put timbrens on my ram and put 360 pounds ballast. I was ok w/o the ballast too.

4. Would it make a big difference if I raise the front? I like the level look better. Oh and thanks for the response.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

When did they start putting torsion bars in Dodges? I thought only Chevy did that...:confused:

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Back in 2002 they switched to torsion bars on the 1/2 tons. Take it to a shop have them crank the bars and give it an alignment, then take it home install the timbrens and you're ready to go.

7. Dropped the truck of this morning and am patiently waiting for it's return. I will post pics up though after I get it back and finish putting the undercarriage on. I can't wait!!!!!:redbounce

8. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Torsion bars

You could of done it yourself, just need to made sure they are done evenly,
    (count the turns) because you may want to return to normal once summer arrives. Timbrens are the ticket, they are easy to install & well worth it.
    Let us know how it turned out for you. Could of saved some $$ though.payup
    2002 Dodge Ram
    Western 7'6"

9. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

let us know how it works. i am having mine put on next week i hope!

10. I am not a handyman when it comes to working on vehicles. I can install things like a pro but if its already there you can forget it. I am an owner of two laundromats so I had a couple favors owed to me for fixing this guys washer for him. All I had to do was buy the Timbrens and he did the rest for free. I am going to finish up this weekend and will post the pics next week.

11. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Timbrens and Ballast

:cool: I agree with most of the guys here. I'd go the Timbrens and Ballast. You've only got two lots and some driveways. Kepp your expenses down. :gunsfiring:

12. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

Wow really nice setup. More and more 03-05 sport appearence ram 1500's with plows I see, the more I lean to doing it to mine. How much did the plow setup run you, if you don't mind me asking? Only plow dealer in my imediate area is a fisher, and they want almost 4500 for a LD plow which tends to make me think price gouging. So trying to see what other dealers are roughly charging for the setups.

13. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

14. It cost 3200 w/out install. I did it myself and it was simple. Took a couple days of half hour here, half hour there but total time 2 1/2 hours.

15. I had my buddy raise it an inch. He works at a suspension repair shop so he said he would do it and put my Timbrens in.

16. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Alright

The truck looks good !! Seems you have found the ticket. Hope it works well for you. Great picture !! Happy Plowing !! :)

17. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Aiight... I've got a 2003 2500 CTD that I'm getting Timbrens put in on Friday.

Already replaced the whole front end basically under warranty, now the warranty is almost up. I'd better take care of it now :)

18. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!