1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion bar ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dent82, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Dent82

Dent82 Member

Hey everyone- Just got a boss 8-2 poly v-plow installed yesterday on my 2005 2500HD duramax. The dealer told me they had to crank my torsion bars 10 TIMES!!! I about lost my cool but they insured me that it's alright, and that his cousin runs the same exact rig. Any input or advice on this? Really thinking timbrens is the way to go if this will help. Thanks in advance.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I have never heard of anyone turning more than 4 or 5 turns to get to max, I don't think you can even turn them ten times. I turned mine 3 times, got an inch of height unloaded, and it carries the heavy Blizzard very nicely. They say the most you can get is around 2 inches. That scares me a little bit, now you don't know where your starting point was so you can't go back to stock to start over. Maybe they exaggerated, or did 5 turns per side and added the two, because 10 turns just sounds like way way too much to me. I would call another dealer or two and ask if they have anybody in service that is a torsion bar expert. Then tell him your story and see what he says. You could also try fullsizechevy.com forums, there is a zillion torsion bar posts in the forums, even a step by step how to with pictures.

3. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

I think 10 times is too much also. Maybe 2 or three turns. Just make sure that you turn both sides the same. Also, make sure your height before you turn them so you know your starting point. Drive around a couple miles after you turn them then get your measurement. I wouldn't raise it more than 1-1/2 to 2". You might want to get a front end allignment after that.