1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion bar setting??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by speedydog5, Dec 30, 2008.

1. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I have a 2003 2500HD, just had plow put on,7-1/2 pro plow ultramount, should i have the torsion bars turned up to help out seems to bottem pretty easy, going up driveway, is this commen??? and how do i go about adjusting if i do? how much do i go
  2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

If you do a search for torsion bars you will find plenty of threads on them, that should answer your question.
  3. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

havre 05 gmc hd. Turned mine up 5 full turns and raised front end 1". Helps alot carrying plow. Get front wheels off ground, lube bolts real good a day or 2 before. I used wd40. 1/2" socket wrench with 3/4" socket and breaker bar. Measure a point on front end, fenders. bumpers, etc. Turn bolts exactly same number of turns. I stopped at 5 some guys have gone more. Your call. Have timbrens too and those really help. My plow bottomed out too until I turned bars up a little.
  4. as81808

as81808 Junior Member
    from NJ

Have 03 2500hd. Turned mine in almost all the way never able to pull into drive ways it raised the front of the truck almost 3inches just make sure u follow what k$j said.
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Put a paint mark on the bolt head (half way a cross) That way you can count the turns.....Works great !!!!!