1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torsion bar part number

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lodogg89, Jan 8, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Just wondering if somebody could tell me, or point me in the right direction of what these are for.

Part number

Code YT
    TQ 7267

2. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

!

That signifies what level torsion bar you have.
    Just go to the dealer and ask them to print or write down the list of torsion bars for your vehicle.
    They will rank them according to size. like for 1/2, 3/4, or they will be available for application to 3/4, & 1 ton only.

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i think these are what are on my truck now, im curious though if the are the same as a 2500, or 1500HD since i have the 6.0

4. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

depends! My case is a z71offroad package that came with a set of High-Middle of the road torsion capacity, thus a standard truck would have the lower end torsion. When you talk with the dealer they will tell you that your torsion bar is for example good for application from a 1500 all they up to a 1 ton, or they will tell you that yours is only good for 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks Max. More than likely if you have a HD you probably already have the mid-higher end bars that you would find on a 2500.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Factory GM torsion bars are identified by there torque number,in the example you listed, the number that start's with the designation "TQ" is the torsion bar's torque rating. The first "7' in the number denote's it as a passenger side bar. A "6" would be a driver side bar. The 267 is the torque rating number for your bar. The number won't tell you what the bar is from as in a 1500, 1500HD, that sort of thing but a 267 bar is at the top of GM's rating list. Their is no bar stiffer than a 267. Hope this help's.

6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

so does that mean i cannot upgrade my torsion bars??

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I guess not, as I just checked on this today and that's what my GM guy show'd me. The 267 bar's are as big as they go.

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

well thanks for the info, im not sure what to do not for suspension, i guess ill just leave it alone until i mount the big plow.

9. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

Your bar is also known as the WZ bar that is found in most 3/4 ton trucks. There are three other bars that you can upgrade to if you wanted:

15528963-LH (code GK) (Max torque 8615)
    15528964-RH (code GK) (Max torque 8615)

15528965-LH (code GL) (Max torque 8782)
    15528966-RH (code GL) (Max torque 8782)

15732338-LH (code XG) (Max torque 9054)
    15732339-RH (code XG) (Max torque 9054)

Hope this helps!

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wildridge is right on the money.After checking into this a little deeper,I discoverd my GM guy dropped the ball. In addition to the bar's that Wildridge posted there's also a 6790 (max tq) bar and a 7267 (max tq). Just so you know, these torsion bar specs that I and Wildridge posted are for 99-up truck's only. The 88-98 truck's use a different bar code.