1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

torsion bar help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The mayor, Dec 4, 2008.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

This may be a dumb question(s). I want to turn up my torsion bar a bit. Can I leave it turned up all year round and should I get a front end alignment. The truck is a 2005 chevy 2500

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bars

yes you can leave it up but you need to get the front end aligned or the tires will wear out !

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I thought I read that it depends on how much they are cranked up ...Whether you need an alignment...

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

A turn or 2 changes it very little.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bars

i went up about 3 1/2 turns on mine and i could tell the difference in how the tires were scrubbing off in three days then i took it to the alignment shop.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I work at an allignment shop! Like I said a turn or 2 does not change it a ton.

7. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

I turned mine 4 full turns to raise the front about an inch and no signs of tires wearing differently and it's been almost 4 months.

8. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

i'm sure every truck is not the same but i crank my 02 2500 up 3 turns and i see my tires wear and i only keep them cranked from dec to may...

9. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

I have a 08 2500HD CC and went 6 turns. No problems. Not much of a difference in the ride either.

10. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Being that I will be needing new tires I will go without a allignment and see what happens.