1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torqshift transmission shifting problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by NoFearDeere, Dec 7, 2006.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a '04 F-250, 6.0 PSD, and the Torqshift auto tranny. Just today, the tranny doesnt want to shift from 2nd to 3rd....the RPM's go up to almost 3,000 and I have to let off the pedal for it to shift; when I let off, it shifts smooth...??? It almost acts like its in tow/haul mode; just that braking feeling like it's holding the truck back. I cant figure it out...if I try to put the hammer down, it just hesitates and doesnt want to shift into 3rd from 2nd. Anyone that can help with this little problem, your input is appreciated!

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might have to have the computer scanned at the dealership to see if it's something fixable. I know the older transmissions die at a regular rate. I work for a private ambulance service with 50 vehicles. We have 1 rebuilt transmission in a case waiting for transplant at all times. The ones have had die under me start to shift real hard and reverse takes 10 seconds to engage.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, it's really wierd....when it goes to 3000 RPM, it doesnt wanna shift but as soon as I let off the pedal, it shifts smooth as could be; and there is no other problems. :confused: I hoping that it is just some type of computer problem. I hadn't used tow/haul mode for probably over a month till yesterday, and right after that came all the problems...:cry:

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Could try disconnecting the battery, leave headlights on for an hour, touching positive to negative wires to drain any remaining juice and then the computer will have to relearn your driving habits. Or it might be the ****** snap ring or planetary's that Ford used.