1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toros NEW COMMERCIAL single stage...? Power Clear® 721 R-C (38751)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Exact Services, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Anybody have one of these.....yet....? Just saw it in Oct Lawn & Landscape.

4 stroke

weighs more than my old CCR 2450

extra life paddles...?

No Quick shoot cables to freeze up :rolleyes:

Power Clear 721.jpg
  2. Exact Services

Key difference would be the bigger engine over the 621 with less displacement.

I have heard numerous users claim they up the engine RPM on the "older" 2-stroke Toros for more grunt. I wonder how that would compare.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

If they would have put the quick shoot on those new 212cc machines I would have one right now...never had one freeze up. Fluid Film the inside and out of the entire mechanism. Mistake on Toro's part IMO. You can't go back to the old way of moving the shoot.:nono:
  4. Exact Services

I'm going to try fluid film on mine. The Quick shoot models are insanely fast. I like a few aspects of the Honda 520A but that goofy longish chute bar...?

I hope Toro is watching this thread.

Bring back the 24" Snow Commander...!...!

If I had to exclusively use a 2-stage blower I'd quit doing snow. End of story.
  5. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

just bought 2 mint snow commanders... Looked at these compared to them and decided against spending 700 on one. Picked up 2 mint commanders for 350 each.

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Dang $600. How long will one of these last?
  7. WIPensFan

They will last for many yrs...Before selling a bunch of mine 2 yrs ago, I had some of them 10 yrs. And that's heavy commercial use. You just have to keep renewing paddles and scrapers.
  8. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

Got a ccr 2000, ccr 3000 and just picked up a "used ten times" ccr 3650. 6hrs before I found the 3650, I was at the dealer, ready to pay 683 out the door for one of these 721 rc blowers. They were out of them but had five on order.

Very interested to see what you guys that have the 721 say about them. Looks strong.

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I forget which models we have, but they chew belts up pretty fast.
  10. Exact Services

I really wonder how the new 721 with the commercial 4 stroke compares with the old Toro Snow Commander...?

Which engine do those Toro Snow Commanders have on them...? Are they 7 hp?
  11. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

I have 1 snow commander, the guys like it a lot. Uses the 7hp r tek toro 2 cycle engine. Engine is almost the same engine as a 3650. I have plenty of 3650 and ccr2000s. Can't beat toro single stages.
  12. WIPensFan

They should not chew belts fast if they are being used properly. I always had to replace a few belts after a big storm where the walks were drifted and had street snow plowed onto them. That's when you get a lot of belt slippage( heat ) because you have to push it hard to make the first pass through. If the belts are squealing your doing damage. Or if the belt gets put on wrong( did it once ) it chews it up instantly.
  13. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

looks just the model I'm using now and only $150/$200 more than what I paid for mine.

power chutes aren't necessary in my opinion unless your doing large areas. I just use mine for sidewalks. but I did have an older toro that had the crank bar like a 2 stage. never had a bit of trouble with it freezing up.

I only go through one set of paddles and one scraper bar per snow blower (I have 2) each season anyway.

but this would be the model I'm sure will replace what I have when I need a new one or whichever model is newest.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

always bought used toro single stage blowers never had a problem. 7 yrs ago decided to spend the big money on a new 3650 what a piece of crap 3 pull rope . muffler fell of and then the plastic carb took a crap (warped) had to spend $125 on a metal carb since toro wouldnt give me any assistance. and how about some better fasteners that done rust. funny part was. pulled my 15 yr old craftman single out of my shed fuel it ,gave it a shot of ether started right up .
  15. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

everyone has there own experiences. i won't use anything but toro single stage snow blowers. never had a problem with them. they always fire right up.
  16. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I had some toro 2450's and sold em (kept 1) Now I have 3 621 R's. It would have to be a big difference for me to spend the extra cash because my 621's run like champs! We have dual stage blowers if it gets too deep but 5-6" or less we havent had any problems for 2 years with the 621. We usually replace paddles and scrapers twice in a season. We have a villa of 58 homes and they get chewed up out there. I wonder if I can get the "extra life paddles" for mine?
    Also ,I just changed our paddles, scrapers, belts and actually took the paddle assembly/shaft off the machine to change them.... It is super easy and I cannot believe we use to cram our fingers in that machine to change the paddles, taped nuts on wrenches etc... World of difference! So if you need to change paddles just take the shaft out, Its that simple Thumbs Up
  17. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

I like the bigger engine, but no quick chute was the deal breaker for me, I just fluid film the crap outta mine and it's always fine, I've heard some people having issues with the paddles vibrating a lot, not sure why they are just thicker, also this model has a thicker belt which it should because it has a larger engine, I have a toro 621qzr and its been great all season. My 2 stroke would have a hard time starting after repeated uses and being restarted shortly after shutting down, no issues at all with my 621qzr, I do about 30 driveways with this blower every storm and have replaced the paddles and scraper once so far this season. I also found out that the paddles, scraper bar and belts are the same as the older models with the 2-stroke engine, which is nice because I had some from last winter. I have noticed that the 621 has a little less grunt than the 2-stroke, this is likely the reason why they introduced a larger engine on this commercial model, just wish it had a quick chute, this is an essential item for, wouldn't go back to the old way of bending over and turning the chute back and forth especially when going up and down driveways, also the lack of the handle sticking out the side allows me to get closer to cars and garage doors and other obstacles that would normally be getting scratched up by the chute rotation handle, sorry to rant, love the new commercial otherwise.
  18. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

How is this done?
  19. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

I run 2-221qr and I'm about fed up with them. About to switch to 2 stage blowers. The chute clogs when the snow is really wet and heavy, doesn't blow the snow more than 4 feet, and when the snow is less than 2" it just shoots the snow out the front rather than the chute. I'd love for toro to demo me one throwing snow 25' as advertised. What a bunch of bs!

Any ideas of what could be wrong or need to be tweaked??
  20. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

I have (5) snow commanders and (2) new 721's. Both are great machines, my only complaint all these years in regard to the snow commander is the weight. It's tough to get the big boy on the truck alone. Ramps work fine, but we all know time is money and loading and unloading every stop with ramps sucks. The 721's move snow nearly as fast, a few inches smaller cutting path, 4 stroke engine. IF there is going to be a weak point on the 721, in my opinion, it will be the engine. The rest of the machine is a proven winner.

To sum it all up, the only reason the snow commander did not sell was price. For commercial sidewalk and small drives, it can't be beat. The 721 may end up being as good, but not better.....