1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toronto, Walkway Pricing??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RAZOR, Feb 3, 2002.

1. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

We hate doing walkways. They take the same amount of time as the driveway but people are unwilling to pay double the driveway price. I've seen competitors flyers ranging from $184.00 to $239.00 per season for double driveway but I've never seen competitors prices for walkways. What would a fair price be for average walkway per season??? $50 extra per season.

2. diginahole

diginahole Member

I include the walk to the front door in all my residential accounts. This is my biggest selling point. People will pay double for it. At the prices you quote more than double.
  3. casey

casey Banned

What are you using to do walkways? They shouldn't take as long as the drive unless it's a corner lot or you're using shovels. I price all res. on the entire package; drive, walkways, steps, front porch & any extras requested.
  4. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

We have 2 toro single stage snowblowers for the walkways but we don't like using them in the middle of the night because of the noise. If there is only a couple of inches of snow sometimes it is not worth taking them off the truck. Most of the time one person back drags the driveway with the truck and the other one uses the shovel and usally we end up finishing around the same time.

5. hubb

hubb Junior Member

I have 7 apartment complexes that I plow. Now in my case here in the St. Louis area, we sometimes don't get very much snow, so I bid accordingly. In my case I have bid anywhere from .40 cents a foot to .70 cents per foot. I get anywhere from $80.00 to $160.00 per building. I use a John Deere single stager for this and then I use a Scotts drop spreader for de-icing. This method works great. Although I do have to go over most walks twice because of the width, but thats OK because I just go all the way to the end of the walk and then catch the other side on the way back. Most guys around here don't even mess with sidewalks. This leaves me with the opprotunity to make a bundle. I make more on walkways than the lots. It is time cosuming though. You almost have to have a helper if your going to do very many feet of walks. Hope this helps.