1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toronto\GTA area meeting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wyldman, Mar 11, 2003.

1. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's been previously mentioned on a few threads that we would like to get everyone from the Toronto area together to meet,to have fun,a few beers and some BS.If anyone wants to come from further out,that's OK too.Now that the season is winding down,and we have some free time on our hands,I'm looking to pick a place\location and a time that is convenient for all.

One option is to plan something like a day at the indoor go-kart track,where we can rent the track for a whole day all to ourselves and just have fun.Then go for food and drinks afterwards.If you have any other ideas,again,leave them in your post here.

Anyone who is interested,please leave a brief post here as to when would be the best time (weekday or weekend,day or night),and where you are located.I will then try to find a suitable location,and we can set a date and time.My e-mail is down right now,so leave the info here,and we can get in touch later,as it gets closer to the date.

I look forward to meeting all of you in the near future.

2. noclevername

noclevername Member

Chris
    Sounds like a plan. Pretty well any time would be okay with me. We'll start to get busy 'round the 15th of April with our maintenance contracts, so before then would be preferable. I'm in Aurora so I just have to hop on the 407 if we do it around your area, otherwise anywhere is good. If there's anything I can do, give me a shout!!
    Ed

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Not sure how this got posted at the top as a "sticky",but whoever did it,thank you. :drinkup:

One more quick note.If you want to bring others (employees,spouse,etc) please note that here so we can get an idea of how many people will be coming in total.Feel free to invite other snow removal\landscaping people who may not know about Plowsite.We may be able to bring on some new members.

4. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

dinner and beer...

sound like a dooable plan to me. couple of days notice should do the trick.

regards.

oren.

5. C&D LANDSCAPING

C&D LANDSCAPING Junior Member

Sounds good to me, a couple of days notice and I should be able to get down there as long as it's before April 15.

Corey

6. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Depending on the date count me in.

7. Nova

Nova Member

I'm in. Don't know about go-karting though, money is tight this time of year.

But I'll be there for a couple of beers later on. Keep us posted.

8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the idea. Orillia's not too far north of the GTA either. :)

As far as "when", I'm fairly flexible as far as weekends with the exception of April 4 coming up - that's booked for a trip to the drop zone for retrain/recurrency jumps to keep my tandem rating current. Skydiving season IS just around the corner! :D

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

From the input I've recieved so far,looks like Saturday April 12/2003 would be best.Late afternoon or early evening.

Second choice would be Wednesday or Thursday April 9/10 2003 in the evening.

Meal and drinks at a local restaurant\bar,where we can hang out and chat for a bit.

Let me know what you guys think.

10. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

First choice: Sat April 12 in the afternoon (since I have a "surprise" B/day party to attend for one of my fellow jumpers (and former student!) from the drop zone that evening.

Second choice: Thurs April 10 evening - work has been fairly slow this spring and we've been working 4 days/Friday off for now.

Look forward to meetin' some of y'all in person.

11. noclevername

noclevername Member

either day's good for me, just post the day, time & place and I'm there!

12. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

So is the meeting on? I want to drop this thread back in with the rest if it is.

~Chuck

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yeah,going to try for this Saturday,late afternoon early evening.

What do you guys think ?