1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

+++Toronto Foreman Needed+++

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Pristine PM ltd, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

We are looking for someone that could basically run their own show, but has decided that they don't want the stress of it and would rather let us have the early heart attacks.

We have work for you starting in the next few weeks (fall clean up's). Most likely a September 28th start to the contract.

You would be driving our truck helping out the crews with the fall clean up's.

Winter would be a 10 to 12 hour route, you would have to drive shovelers around, shovel yourself, and of course plow and salt. Hand salting would also be needed.

In the spring you would be giving a crew to run taking care of gardens, grass, and everything else that goes with property maintenance at our condominiums.

You would be on salary with benefits.

Please email us to set up an interview. We are based out of Scarborough, but have properties all over the GTA.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Dam,almost signed up for it ,but I saw I would have to get out of the truck and shovel!:realmad:
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Well we have had people phoning looking for work, so you likely won't have trouble finding people to apply.

But Since when do Foreman's Shovel? That just sounds so wrong.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

LOL I actually think its a good idea... When i first started, I subbed for a guy, his sidewalk crew manager didnt see a shovell for quite a while... One day he had a little issue with my times... So i said o.k. bud, knock yourself out... Show me how its done... He went mach 12 for about 5 min and then came back and said this is how you do it... My responce was,
    "Do you need an oxygen tank ?" :D

He didnt say anything to that, and never once had a problem after that :drinkup:
  5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Please feel free to pass on any contacts, we have not had the same luck.

I would rather tell people that they might be doing everything, we don't want someone who thinks they won't have to do any physical work. If one storm a shoveler doesn't show up, guess who is covering.