1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro stage1 2450 or ariens 624 stage 2

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plower13, Dec 12, 2007.

1. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

im from central new jersey so the snowfall amounts are differnt from yr to yr. 2 years ago i had the toro snowcommander and did not like it at all seems as when it filled up with snow the handle would rise it was very hard to use in some cases so i sold it.my brother had the 2450 and from what i remember it was a good little unit much better then the snowcommander,then my father went out and bought an ariens 10hp it was a beast but to much for him so that was sold.now the snows about to come and i need to get something for the fam to use. we got a decent sized driveway it was widened and its about 40 feet long.im stuck between the lightweight toro 2450 that i can get for about $450 with a discount or the ariens 624 2stage 6hp which will be about $700 any help on which one i should get will be greatly appreciated.

2. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

snow blower

any1?? i wanna buy one of these tomorrow i was reading up on here and alot of people said the toro 2450 was a good machine but nothing really about the ariens 6hp stage2.

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

well i havent gotten my ariens st624 yet but it on its way. from what i have read and from word of mouth is that the 624 is well it worth. hope my friend is right

4. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

went to HD i had the guy bring me out a toro 2450 while he was doing that i took a look at the ariens 624 stage 2 looks like a very well built machine,after takin a good look i decided to get the ariens i got it for $675.which was cheap compared to the other stores nearby.

5. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

lucky you the 624 here goes for $740 at either of the 2 HD i went to bad thing was there were out of them so i got mine through HD website paying an extra 100 for shipping hope its worth it

6. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

here it was $749 but if u open a HD card you get 10% off so it worked out good.looks like a quality machine,i cant wait to use it!

7. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

oh correction That 749 is the price here also
    "I just waiting for mine to arrive"

8. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

keep me posted on how u like it when u get it

9. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

u get ur snowblower yet?if so how do u like it?

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Well i will never buy anything through HD online ever again, u just cant take it to the nearest store to replace... Ok i got it today and when i got home from work i find the box damaged ,. i opened it and it was damaged, some might say i could just pound it out but thats not the point i paid for a new not damaged snow thrower. so i called them and they will pick it up and send it back thing is i wont get the credit till they get it back at the warehouse, dude i was so pissed. so needless to say my credit limit on my HD card prevents me from going to the local HD to see if they got the 624 in yet so i might have to wait weeks or get the 5.5 YM they have or a single stage Toro

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  11. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

damn that sucks!!i might be taking mine back as well they gave me 30 days everyone says to go with the toro single stage

12. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

well i called the HD online customer help and i may try to bend it back out myself i some options i need to look at

13. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Need Advice

Bump to post #10 fix it myself or send it back

14. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

The toros are great machines, way easier to use then any 2 stage.

15. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Ya I'm most definitely having it sent back . i looked at it closer and theres a stress crack in it so i will be getting the toro on Friday

16. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

i just returned my ariens to HD because everyone i talk to says go toro stage1 so today i purchased the new powerclear 221QR looks like a nice little unit! lightweight, powerfull and the new chute design is awesome in my opinion.u can just throw it in ur truck with ease if u gotta take it anywhere. also buy at a toro dealer no more buyin at Hd for me if anything breaks i dont wanna be stuck without a blower for weeks when i need it

17. Sbservices

Sbservices Junior Member
    from DE

I will never own anything but hydrostatic driven ever again. We have 18 Blowers, and actually get more use out of the small sweeper models than anything else here in Delaware.

18. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

I will chalk this one in the file marked leason learned

19. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Ok i called HD and they will be getting my ariens back and i went out today and bought a toro 2450

20. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Im glad you sent that thing back, there is no way I would have accepted it like that. Im sure you will be plenty happy with your 2450, there great machines:bluebounc