1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro snowblower specs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TazLandscapes, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

I have the chance to get two toro ccr3650 snowblowers.But i need to get the specs on them if anybody has them greatly appreciated.Also how good does the 3650 do on light and fluffy snow and heavy,wet snow.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I just bought a new CCR3650 this season (a couple of weeks ago actually) and it surprisingly efficient. The model I bought is actually a 2006 model, but it was new. I have an in-town driveway that I ran out of room to push snow and cant get a bucket loader in due to low wires to the garage, so I had to start snow-blowing. I didn't want to haul around a 2 stage and ramps so, after reading up on the single stages here, I decided on the 3650 and love it. It eats up the fluffy snow like it wasn't even there. The wet, heavy stuff isn't much of a challenge either. I have to go slower, and it doesn't throw it as far, but it still gets the job done. I have even had moderate success chewing through the pile at the end of the drive. I had always pictured these machines as cheesy homeowner toys for those that didn't want to spend the money on a real snowblower, but after using one, I will always have one!

I'm sure that someone makes a bigger single stage, but as far as I'm concerned, this unit is a perfect ratio of power to weight. Any heavier and loading/unloading would be a chore, and I can't imagine increased power would be worth the extra weight.

3. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Sorry, forgot the part about the specs. Again, mine is a 2006 model.

Cutting swath = 20"
    Engine = 141cc Toro R-Tek (Briggs & Stratton) (I don't know how that converts to hp)
    Weight = 75 to 80lbs maybe?

4. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

Thanks Woodland for the info.I will probably get it next week when my checks start rollin in.Suck tho is it would have really would have been nice to use it up here tonight/tomorrow we are suppose to get 6-10" mixing with sleet.I have the troybuilt model.and it absulotly sucks blown motor within 3 storms of owning it and now it wont even blow fluffy snow.it just clogs it self just as i start pushing.$400 down the drain.

Mike