1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro snow plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by birddseedd, Dec 2, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

came across this on the net. looks like it could be an option for those of us that cannot afford skidsteers or bobcats.

what do you guys think of it?

http://ztrplows.com/photos.html

2. birddseedd

woudl be great for sidewalks.

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

So you're saying that you could use a Z-Turn mower where a skidsteer/Bobcat is required?
    [​IMG]

4. birddseedd

take a look at their videos. seems to work pretty well. i woudl rather use my mower than shovel. shoot. woudl rather my mower than snow blow a sidewalk.

im not saying it is as good as a skidsteer. just it is a viable option for soemoen that doesnt have 15 grand laying around.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You already have the mower?

6. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Im sure with that it still cant push enough snow to make it worth using instead of a skid steer, I would rather save my money and buy a skid.

7. birddseedd

If you can build a plow for a coupe hundred dollars and use your mower, that can earn you the money to buy a skidsteer. not everyone can save up 15 grand in a few weeks.

They have plenty of videos showing it plowing. seems to do a pretty good job. i haul material with my mower, so plowing really isnt much different. if it were icy i could see it being tough

no i just came across it on the web and wanted to share it. i dont have any small places to plow and not enough sidewalks to justify the cost. tho for 1200 bucks i would just buy a tractor plow from craigs list and build a mount for the mower.

8. birddseedd

yes a skid steer would be much much more effective. and comfortable

9. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Dude you dont save up 15k in a few weeks it takes months or years.

look, you need to plow this season with what you have next year, buy a new plow, the next year a new truck, the year after a peace of equipment. You dont grow over night. it takes years.

My own company will not be where I want it to be for 3 years, I have a business plan, its all writen down so I can check things off as I do them.

10. birddseedd

im not saying im buying this. as iv stated above its quite hte opposite. i do not need this.

I just thought it was neat and wanted to share it.

would i get one if i had the need for it? yes. it would make a great stepping stone to getting a skid steer. but as i said. i dont have the work that would cause the need of small equipment like this or a skidsteer, i just wanted to share the link.

11. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

idk,, forgive my ignorance i do not do lawns...they say a dixie chopper can do a football field in 9 minutes .. i think that is like an acre give or take... if you can plow and acre in 9 minutes...well i think you got something there...(relax this is all tongue in cheek)

but it may have value in some spots esp if you have the mower, and it is sitting all winter long

12. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I mow lawns all summer, I dont have a ztr (i run commercial walk behinds) but I thnik it can definelty do side walks, but to take the place of a skid steer...i dont think so, not in a million years

13. birddseedd

Definatly would NOT replace. But starting out if you have the mower it would be great. Esspicialy for someone like me who does not have an atv for sidewalks.

tho. I dont have enough walks to be worth any cost beyond a blower

14. birddseedd

Tho i think most prople here could build one better than what they are selling

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

As long as traction is good, a Z-turn plow would run circles around an atv. Honestly, that looks like a blast to plow with.

16. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

There is now way I would tear up my mower with that thing.

17. birddseedd

Do you use your mower to haul material around job sites? mine came with a hitch built by toro. it is kinda convenient where you cannot always get a vehicle.

just curious.

18. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Geez, lay off the poor guy. Yes, he posts like 50 threads to my 1, but I'll let you in on a little secret--the thread list actually shows who started the thread, and you could actually choose not to click on it if it was started by a certain user.

19. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

That was my thought as well. Now, if a guy had a cab with heat on his zero turn I might actually be interested. Problem for me would be what would I do with it in the summer?

20. birddseedd

by the looks of it the plow is only held on by a few bolts.