1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro snow commander

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by millsys mowing, Dec 10, 2007.

1. millsys mowing

millsys mowing Junior Member

My old snowblower recently died and i had heard nothing but great things about the toro snow commander so I bought one. it works great takes about 5 minutes to do an average house if the snow isnt really deep. the only problem is getting it in and out of the truck. it can be done but its not fun all day when im out by myself and i dont really wanna pull my trailer for 1 blower. anyone have any tips or know of those platforms that go into the hitch for spreaders and whatnot? thanks
  2. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

I would look into a hitch mounted snowblower platform. I have a couple older used ones sitting in my garage, they worked really good one I used to use them
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Have you been through any heavy wet snow yet? Let me know how it works when you do, I'm thinking of buying one. I need a blower that can get through the heavy wet stuff. That snow slows us down, because we end up having to shovel it all if the blower can't blow it.
  4. millsys mowing

millsys mowing Junior Member

it was pretty wet on a couple last night. the only place i had a problem was at the end of the driveway after the plows have gone by. i dont think it would have been a problem but the slush was starting to freeze. i probably could have still done it but i figured it would have been faster to just shovel the rest since it wasnt a whole lot