1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Snow Commander

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GMCHD plower, Oct 22, 2011.

1. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, I have an opurtunity tp buy a toro snow commander for $250, need a few minor things, would you guys say these are good single stage blowers?

2. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

The machines themselves are bulletproof. It's your guys operating them you have to worry about. The handles are situated lower than most blowers, so guys tend to push down on them and they get bent. They also like to load/unload them from the truck by lifting on the handle which adds to the problem. I keep a new handle, scraper bar w/ bolts and new paddles w/bolts in stock at all times. You may want to call your local parts dealer, as it seems like mine told me there wasn't going to be many parts around after they get done fazing those machines out.

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ok thanks, so if I could get one for like $250 it'd be a good idea?

4. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

If your local parts guy says he can provide replacement parts for the units wear items for two years, then it would be an ok deal. Good deal would be $200, given the new model that toro replaced the commanders with are $700.

5. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I used to have the toro snow commander- single stage 7hp I believe they rated it at- I didnt like it- I traded it for the toro 2450 and some cash and went out and bought another 2450 ccr toro. From my experience the ccr 2450 toro's compared to the commander cut through snow alot better and my commander clogged up all the time.