1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro snow blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Oct 5, 2011.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Did a little bartering with an old guy who is moving out of his house and into an assisted living community today, He wasn't going to need it any more so i took it off his hands. I really don't know too much about them but its the biggest one they make in this style and has electric start, I looked it up and it cost $900 bucks.
    [​IMG]

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

I hated those snow blowers. The one I had was so worthless. Hopefully you have better luck with it. Good Luck!

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I've had a lot of good luck with Toro snow blowers, both the single stage and two stage units. Best of luck with it this winter! Plus, the 2 stroke engine that unit has is a very good engine and due to the emmission bs, they no longer make that engine..

4. THEGOLDPRO

Yea, I dunno how well it will do, I have a ton of sidewalks i have to clear at a condo complex i picked up this season so hopefully this will do the trick.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It will move more snow then that blue Dodge.

6. THEGOLDPRO

Just buy a dodge and get it over with Scotty.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just make sure the paddles, scraper bar, and belt are good, check them often and keep extras on hand. If the gas has been in there a while get some new or dump some Sea Foam in there. You'll like it a lot.

8. THEGOLDPRO

Its basically a new machine, he only used it one year on his driveway before he got really sick and started having me plow the drive. The paddles look brand new with little to no wear at all.

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

So what did you barter? Depends and a cane?

10. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Those little Toros are worth their weight in gold. So easy to throw in and out of the truck and they just eat up the snow. Good deal!

11. THEGOLDPRO

Couple mowings on his property

12. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

There awesum little machines, Have 8 of em myself!

13. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

They seriously do an awesome job. I've used em in 8 or 10in storms and it just pulls itself right though the snow. You almost dont even have to push it.

14. THEGOLDPRO

Thats good to know, I have the mini version of it as well, I dont know what i will use it for but we will see i suppose.
    [​IMG]