1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro single stage snowblower with 6 hp tecumseh OHV engine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joed, Sep 19, 2009.

1. joed

joed Member

I was at my local dealer today looking at snow blowers. He showed me a single stage toro that had a 6hp tecumseh OHV engine, 195 cc. The model number is 6053. It was made for the European market but some were given to dealers here to deal with the lack of supply. It has the quick shoot, like the 221Q and 421Q, pivoting scraper and so on. Looked like a good unit. Has anyone heard of this unit or had experience with it?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

How much is this blower?

3. joed

joed Member

CET,

Dealer wanted $880 for it. Only has non-electric start...no big deal.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

$880.00 seems a little high.

5. joed

joed Member

That's $880 Canadian not U.S.

6. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

what dealer is this?

7. keitha

keitha Senior Member

Might be new old stock, Tecumseh hasn't built engines themselves in almost a year now.
    I follow the outdoor power equipment news, a company CPC bought the parts and manufc. rights to tecumseh. Last I heard was they were still getting warehousing and parts dist up.
    Nothing on manufacturing. Of course one call and some cash to china and you can have a container of engines with your name on it too.