1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Single Stage Snow Blower Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by By-The-Lake, Nov 28, 2007.

1. After doing a lot of research here on snow blower recommendations I decided to purchase a Toro CCR 3650 but recently I went to a dealer and it seems that the 3650 has been discontinued and replaced by a new model 421Q. I am a little confused about which model to get now. The 421Q is a 4 stroke; the 3650 is a 2 stroke.

The new 421Q definitely has some advantages to CCR3650 with an increase in width and a easier to use mechanism for directing the discharge funnel. I know a store where I can still pickup a 3650 but I was wondering if there would be any benefits to using a 4 stroke vs the 2 stroke on the old model? What would you guys do? Should I get the older model (CCR3650) or the new one (421Q)?

2. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

re

Have had the 3650 for 5-6 seasons. This is a very reliable, fully functioning light weight blower. Was pleased enough to purchase a new one with electric start 2 weeks ago. They will no longer be manufacturing the dependable 3650. JMHO... If you can still get one it is worth its weight on the rack or in your trailer / truck.

C.