1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro shooting snow forward not out chute

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by carsoncity, Mar 23, 2011.

1. carsoncity

carsoncity Member

Toro snowthrower keeps getting clogged, but will shoot the snow forward nicely, just not up the chute. It's only two years old. A few older models that we have went through the same snow no problem, so the snow isn't too heavy.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I bet the snow is heavy today.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Single stage or two stage?

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like its time for new paddles

5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Mine was doing that with the heavy wet and some stuff that was lighter when there wasn't enough of it. My is a couple seasons old and overall doesn't get much use so I wouldn't think the problem is the paddles. I used a shovel today it was bearable because I hope I'm done.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Mines so old it doesn't have a chute, they designed it with directional fins on the front....
    so yours is working the way they originally designed it to work.:D

7. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

you should have 0 space between the paddles and the housing.

8. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

It sounds like your engine is firing on the exhaust cycle and exhausting on the fire cycle, causing it to shoot the snow straight out, instead of up the chute. I see it all the time. To remedy the situation, First :drinkup: a cold one. Then slowly give the handle on the pull rope just a light pull until you feel it start to turn catch... then release the pull rope handle to let it go back in the housing. Now the timing is set again. Now, pull the rope as you normally do to get it started, and it should be good to go! Now you're a shadetree mechanic :mechanic:

9. carsoncity

carsoncity Member

paddles are good, will try pulling the cord lightly, don't see how that will work though, so many problems with these , think the next one we buy will be a Honda

10. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Time for new paddles, Hondas are no better than the Toro's only difference is the price.

11. tntstinomite

tntstinomite Junior Member

sounds like a bad belt

12. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Finaly someone said it!

This is most likely your issue.