1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro S-200 Snow Blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KL&M Snow Div., Jan 11, 2009.

1. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Bought one a while back, are they any good? The only thing that concerns me would be the rubber flaps on the auger part. Does anyone know about these machines?
  2. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

I have 2 working ones & 1 or 2 for parts; I got them at auctions for around $20 a piece, so I love em!! they make me 15-30 bucks every time I use them! One is electric & pull start, the other just pull start. Biggest thing is to start them once a month in the summer, once a week in the winter, & STA-BIL-IZE YOUR GAS! 2 strokes are a PITA if you let the gas get old.
    Other than that they're good; I can blow up to about 6" of snow as long as its not wet. If its more than that I tilt it up & take off the top half, then back up & take the rest, or take partial cuts, etc. Best dang $20 I ever spent. payup
  3. KL&M Snow Div.

Glad to hear that. Anyone else?
  4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

pretty much same thing from me to easy to lift in and out of the bed great little machines
  5. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

there good for light fluffy snow but junk in anything icy or wet...imo
  6. patterson

patterson Junior Member

I have one of the newer power curves that I throw in the truck when plowing, but one of my older customers has me take care of her s-200 so she can use it on light snows. As with any two cycle, it's best to remove the fuel at the end of the season. When the gas evaporates, you end up with nothing but oil which gums the carb up.

Keep in mind that the plastic parts will become brittle as the petroleum dries out. Your scraper bar should probably be replaced when you replace the paddles. If you have electric start, eventually the gear on the starter will disintegrate. Both are easy fixes.

In general, I know that her s-200 is at least twenty years old and was never maintained before I started doing it. It still works just fine, so I'd say it's a good product.
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

Awesome to hear, haven;t gotten to try it out yet but hope to soon :D
  8. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I just retired my s200 Toro, and replaced it with a Toro power curve.

I liked the s200 because of its ease to load because of the double handles. The power curve has a single handle with a second handle on the discharge chute.

As far as performance, the powercurve will throw snow twice as far and high, but the s200 is still a great machine.

WAY better than shovel!;)
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

Glad to hear that, looks like I may get to run it this week. Snow and Ice Sunday through Tuesday.
  10. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I used to run 2 of them. Both were auction items, and served me well. I have a new set of paddles and a I think a scraper if you are interested.

I'm now running Simplicity 520's which are heavier and less balanced for loading and unloading.
  11. KL&M Snow Div.

I may be interested in them down the road sometime. They extended snow clear up through Thursday so far now. May get to run it alot more than one time. I reckon I should go mix up some gas. Got the truck all loaded and ready to go.