1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Powerlite, new model?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joed, Nov 1, 2009.

1. joed

joed Member

Seems like Toro has redesigned their new Powerlite snowblower. Width goes from 16" to 18", weight goes from 37 to 58 lbs, and the engine goes from a 98 cc tecumseh 2 stroke to a new 87 cc 4 stroke. Anyone seen or had any experience with these machines?

http://www.toro.ca/home/snowthrowers..._180_ss_lo.pdf.pdf

2. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

your link wasnt working. we have been using the older model for years as a ride along with our plow trucks. our dealer called us the other day to tell us that the model change was happening and that he had 4 left. we took 2 of them. the new 4 stroke is a lot heavier and will be a boon lifting in and out of a plow truck

3. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

4. joed

joed Member

Thanks for updating the link and information. I wanted to get the toro powerlite to accompany my 2 stage ariens. Won't be for commercial use...just for myself and to clean my 2 neighbours when they're away on vacation this winter. The little fellow will just be used for small snowfalls where taking the big ariens isn't necessary or to clean up the inch or so the big ariens leaves. There are no more 2 stroke powerlites left here in Toronto so I wanted to see what people thought of this new model. It hasn't arrived yet here. Supposedly, it will in the next few weeks. I don't want to get a larger single stage (e.g 221 or 421) because of space restrictions in the garage. So, this looked reasonably. Just wanted to see if it worked well.

5. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

Well I can tell you that the older ones are fantastic. We acually have stopped to grab two of them out of junk piles and cleaned em up and put them in service