1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro powerclear 221Q Vs ccr2450

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRS Landscaping, Mar 16, 2011.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

i have had a few ccr2450 for sidewalk machines but they are getting pretty beat from working over the last 2 years, but im very impressed with how they hold up. I can get a few 221Q powerclears for a $50 less a machine than the 2450's. anyone have one ? how are they? my guys litterally beat the snot out of the 2450's and they keep going, are the 210Qs like that too? how do they handle wet heavy snow? thanks

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I do have one. I have 5 2450's, 1 Lawnboy 3650 (not the right model number), and one of the new Power Clear 221Q's you mentioned. Overall the 2450's are beasts for sure, but they are being fazed out slowly. I've had a few of mine for about 3 winters. So, I would say go with the new model. This year it has been great. The only problem we have been having is the wire kept coming off of the handle. It's a little hard for a few of my workers that aren't mechanical to fix it and get it working. We also lost one of the handles because it was a little loose. Fell out the back of the truck or something. I fixed both of those problems (should've noticed, but I expect a new item to work great) and now it is working great. Good luck.

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I bought a power clear last year. Unfortunately I can't compare it to past machines. I have an area that is ~3.5ft from road and it gets filled up with chunks and heavy snow, Performance wasn't to good here, have to load up my 5hp dual stage which handles everything I need to deal with. I like the power clear quick shoot mover. No waiting to tturn the handle saves alot of time and frustration. The bar popped off a few times, your guys probably couldn't put it back together. I ran it with staright gas at the biggining of the season. It eventually shut down-same day I think. Filled 50:1 next day its been running fine all season. Well worth the $625 I paid at the small retail store-I,m sure I overpaid. But one prop has 350 ft of walk which I used to shovel for small stuff-not now.

4. JRS Landscaping

yea i know what your talking about. i put bolts threw the handles of the blowers so they cant get lost. i think im gunan go with the 2450s again i found them online $10 more with free ship. ill upgrade to the newer model when i have to. im too pleased with the 2450's

5. JRS Landscaping

change of plans 2450's are gone so i have a choice between powerclear 210r or the 221Q . i can get the 210r for about 75 cheaper than the 221 any suggestions? anyone have the single stage 4 stroke toro blowers? are they worth the extra $

6. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I think mines the 221, It can pick it up and put in the back- no ramps. It throws most every thing. I only need the 2 - stage for real heavy wet stuff , or I shoveled last week. The only time I was a little disappointed was when it would not throw due to too little snow. Unless there is a constant flow into the shute , it it won't force it up and out, for the semi wet stuff. But I still got it to work just wasn't as easy as just go. Had to stop, bounce it and then continue.

7. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

i have 2-210r ran the hell out of them this winter with no problems to mention.
    i like the light weight of them and the did a fine job even with the 23 in storms yea it took a bit of muscle but they worked fine.
    once you break thru with a path they are great.
    i wll be adding a 2 stg machine for next year tho just to have for the real heavy stuff.
    the handles just pry them apart a little bit and they will stay with no problem

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Just did that on mine. Now it's working good.