1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Powerclear 2 stroke Main Jet Setting

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by justinsp, Nov 12, 2009.

1. justinsp

justinsp Senior Member

I need help. I decided to finally pull out my snow blowers yesterday and get them serviced up. 60 Degrees outside with shop door open it was hard to think about snow but figured it needed to be done. Any way, I pulled open the carb and cleaned it all up and I totally forgot to get the setting on the main jet.
    I have a 2008 Powerclear 221Q R-tek 141 CC engine. I have been searching the web for 2 hours now trying to find a repair manual for this machine with no luck.
    Does anyone know how many turns out I need to set the main jet at?

Otherwise will just call dealer when they open this am.

Thanks,

2. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

If you have the model and serial # I can check on toro myturf. Toro gives away all the service info for thier equip. if you set up an account.

3. justinsp

justinsp Senior Member

Good Morning, Thanks for the reply,
    Model # - 38581
    Serial # - 28000349

Could you send me a link to that site? I would like to set up an account. I always have questions on my toro mowers

Thanks,

4. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

5. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Justin,
    Double check your serial # the system says it's not a good #

6. justinsp

justinsp Senior Member

Oops, My apologies, I missed a 0 in there
    should be
    Serial # - 280003409

Thank you again,

7. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

The system is down for maint. right now. You might have to call toro for this info. What carb is on this machine?

8. justinsp

justinsp Senior Member

Shoot,

It is a Walbro LMJ Carb, I just found their website, They might have theinfo on there

9. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

That carb should be roughly 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns from seat. That will be a good starting piont for you. Have you ever tuned one of those carbs? Is there both a high and a low screw on that one or just a single screw?

10. justinsp

justinsp Senior Member

Wonderful, Thank you. I have never worked on this style of carb before. There is only one screw for the High . Very simple looking carb.

thank you again for the help. It is greatly appreciated.

Justin

11. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Run it at full throttle and turn the screw counter clockwise until the motor starts to run poor then turn it clockwise until it just cleans up and sounds like it is running right. Don't close it too much or it will run lean and not have enough power when it is needed. Too lean can burn the motor up.

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just curious as to why your pulling this thing apart? a 2008 should not need this done IMO. I've got several of the single stage Toros and most have never had the outer casing off.

13. justinsp

justinsp Senior Member

Habit I guess, I always pull carbs apart on my 2-stroke toys and clean them out before each season. After pulling this one apart though, it was clean as ever, wishing I would not have wasted the time. but one never knows.