1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Power Clear Snowblower-Commercial model- Review

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by integrityman, Jan 8, 2014.

1. integrityman

integrityman Member

I just purchased a new single stage Power Clear- The "commercial mode"

I put it to the test on this last snow event. 10-12" of nasty heavy snow and ice.

Its a four cycle engine 212cc motor.

-Very easy to start. It was operated at 0 to -15 all day long. Started with first pull each time. Slowly un-choking works best.
    - Thicker rubber paddles than the typical Power Clear.
    - Thicker- wider drive belt than typical Power Clear.
    - Easy to pick up and lift into and out of the my trucks.
    - Chewed right through the heavy snow and expelled without getting clogged.
    - Threw heavy snow about 15' and the lighter stuff 25 to 30'.
    - Steel cable that hooks to the bale came off. I suspect someone put it on backwards at the shop.
    -Uses the traditional/ manual chute directional change vs the handle mounted chute direction change. This avoids the freeze up that does occur with the plastic handle mounted directional change.
    - Easy to drain carb.

Very very pleased and would recommend to any commercial operator that does sidewalks, small drives etc. An exceptional single stage unit that will be able to tackle many snow events.