1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Power Clear 721

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 6, 2016.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

anyone use these machines thinking about picking one up how do you like it
  2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I have 6 of the 721 rc. They were unreal in that horrible cement we had yesterday.
  3. PLOWMAN45

cool just what i wanted to hear
  4. KildonanSnowRem

KildonanSnowRem Member

I have three 721RC's. Amazing machines. Went through 4 inches of slush the other day no problem at all.
  5. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

Better than some 2-stages; just change the paddles often
  6. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

Pick it up, great machine. Another thought is the metal chute on the Hondas. Never used one, but guys on here seem to love them. I do however have the toro and it hasn't let me down once.
  7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Bought 4 to replace my 3650's. Crew said they are better than the 2 strokes.They're quiet and seem to run at a steady rpm.I used one when we had a 15" snowfall a couple weeks ago,it actually went through much better than I thought it would.Nice not having to mix gas and oil. They were plugging up with wet snow/slush but the crew said if they aimed the chute upward they worked better.
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Also, the straighter the chute is pointed the less it will clog. Obviously straight doesn't work in most instances, but just a little to the left or right of center helps a lot.
  9. PLOWMAN45

its gonna be a next season purchase for me they straight gas which is good for me
  10. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

got 6 of them and they are great anything less than 8" they go and the big ones sit home
  11. PLOWMAN45

i go with a big storm every 7-8 inches im out there
  12. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

Agree with the rest, great machine. Quiet, easy starting, comm paddles do last longer. Still favor the Snow Commander, but I guess we will never see it again. I pick them up on C-list, I have 6 now.....
  13. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You'll think I'm crazy,but I just sold my last 2 snow commanders! 721's seem to be up to the task.
  14. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

the only drawback imho is the weight. The weight transfer tilt is terrific. Toro now makes a rigid steel frame single stage, but I have yet to test one. Not crazy, but I just can't understand why everyone doesn't love them as much as I do ussmileyflag