1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Power Clear 721 commercial NEW PRODUCT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by locallawncare.c, Sep 19, 2013.

1. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

Hello everyone, so I just came across a new snowblower made by toro, its the powerclear 721, a more commercial unit, tougher paddles, bigger engine, wondering if anyone has any additional info on this unit. I'm usually up to date with new products but this one I had no idea about, and info would be great.
  2. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

3. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

Idk about this machine, but we run 621's that are great for commercial sidewalks. They run right through slush like nothing I have ever seen and they are $100 cheaper and I believe have the same width cut.
  4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmm I too wonder if they any better then the 621, I like the sound of it.
  5. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

I've heard good things about the 621 with the 4-stroke. So I'm not sure why the extra power is needed, I wish it has a quik-chute though. I do strictly residential so I'm always up and down and switching direction. I use a 2-stroke powerclear but am going to get a 621qzr, they are quieter and there is no exhaust smell, I assume the new tougher paddles would fit on a 621 but might cause scuffing because they are thicker, so that might not be a good thing on residential driveways. Any more info on this blower would be great.
  6. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

just bought two 721's they're great. the reason they don't have the quick shoot is bcuz the cables freeze and break a lot and commercial guys have problems with them
  7. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

That's exactly what the dealer told me, I only do residential and the houses are fairly close, this past storm was the first true test and it performed great. No freezing up at all, I really like the quik chute feature for my application, the power of the 621 seems great, overall I am very happy with it, compared to my 2 cycle one this one is great, much quieter and no lingering exhaust fumes, I did have the belt squeal on a couple of occasions but mainly because the machine got plugged in heavy snow when I was forcing it through.
  8. ecyp

ecyp Junior Member

We have 621s and have added a 721 this year, the 721 paddle is twice as thick and the added power is real nice. The 621 is a great machine but will bog a little in wet heavy, the 721 just goes right through. Spent $90 on the 621 for the commercial paddle kit alone, well worth the hundred bucks and will scream past any 2 stage out there!
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Wonder why they call it a commercial unit but it says homeowner right in the web address.......
  10. joed

joed Member

Any more feedback on the 721. I have a 221qze that I bought last year brand new. I was thinking of trading it on on the new 721 but wanted to see what others have to say about the unit.
  11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Wish they offer a chute screw handle so can adjust it with out stopping
  12. Antlerart06

What price you gave for them Are yours electric start models

I was going buy 621 to add to my 418 but since they have a 721 why stop at the 621
  13. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

How does the 621 handle the paddles from the 721 ecyp? I read that the 721 has an upgraded belt too, overall it seems superior but for me personally the quick chute was the deal breaker. I love not having to bend down and change direction, also I find I am able to get much closer to cars/garage doors without the handle poking out the side when pointing 90 degrees. If my 621 ever blow up I will likely get a 721, I strictly do residential driveways. Keep the feedback coming guys.
  14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just wait a year, they'll put the quick chute on there. I said in different thread they screwed up by not offering it on the 721 this year.

Anybody know if the new commercial paddles vibrate more than the regular paddles?
  15. SnowBlowersDirect

SnowBlowersDirect Sponsor

16. WIPensFan

17. Antlerart06

I talk to a dealer and he said he wouldn't recommend it due some vibration in the paddle area He said had few come back for that .
    He was trying sell me a 621 which he had several of them and none of the 721 so not sure about the info.
  18. WIPensFan

Thanks for that. I bet you could just use regular paddles if it really is bad.
  19. Antlerart06

He did say that's how he fix a few put in 621 paddles but he said the 621 paddle wear faster in the 721

This dealer is 60 miles away

I bought my 418 from homedepot
  20. WIPensFan

Yeah but with more power it's worth changing the paddles more often