1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Power Clear 180

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John143, Dec 18, 2011.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Another season is here and I'm another year older! With that said. Im looking at a new Toro Power Clear 180. At only 58lbs Im thinking this will give my back the much needed rest it needs. Mainly all the snow accounts I do are all commercial lots. For the most part it's just plowing. However I do have 1 that I need to get out of the truck for. In the past I just send my guys to these ones however, I had a customer call last year and almost lost a good account because their sidewalks were done "sloppy" as I was told.

So this year Im going to do this account myself! So with a couple 100 ft of sidewalks I need to take a blower with me. Ramps are out of the question because of the tail gate spreader. So whats everyones thoughts on this smaller toro? Anyone use one on a daily route? How much snow can this little guy handle? I was going to just get another power clear 621 but 81lbs is holding me back. Any help would be great!

FYI: Just fire the guys and get new ones! I did that 2 times for this account. I cant wait for this guy to call this year!! :realmad:

2. espyj

espyj Member

We use the little Toros nonstop. They account for 90% of our work done by hand. Virtually indestructible and they'll go through virtually anything up to 6-8" in one pass

3. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Thanks for the info. I have been hearing alot of good things about these little blowers. Im glad to hear you enjoy yours. I think I'll be placing my order tonight. One thing is for sure. Their isnt much price difference online ver store. Not to many good deals on this unit. But the same go's for Honda. $399.99 with free shipping is the best I found so far.