1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Power Clear 180 Experiences?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joed, Dec 5, 2009.

1. joed

joed Member

Has anyone been able to try out Toro's new Power Clear 180 single stage snowblower? This replaces the 98 cc powerlite. It comes with an 87 cc 4 stroke engine. Would like to get some reviews as I'm considering buying it. Thanks.
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

great little machines, still very light and good snow throwing capacity
  3. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

I was thinking of getting that model too. I heard those single stages are nice. Don't even use my two stage since its so heavy to move unless we get a lot of snow.
  4. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I bought two of them a week ago. We just got a ten inch snow and I was pretty impressed. Plus they are a four stroke so no more mixed gas. They started very well and worked great. Also still have a two year to start warrenty
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Are they much more quiet than the 2 strokers?
  6. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

how do they feel weight wise? Easy to pick up over the side of the truck bed?
  7. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

That's what i want it for. Something quick and light that's easy to lift in and out of the truck.
    I can open my tailgate so shouldnt be much of a problem. My 11hp areins is useless since it so heavy to transport but does like to eat snow.
  8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

very easy, only 50-60lbs, i have no problem with lifting it
  9. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

They may wiegh a little more than the powerlite. Not much though. I have had those too. The 180 isnt as loud and not cold blooded at all. I am impressed with them.
  10. maingroup

maingroup Junior Member

Toro 1 stage

I purchased the Toro 128Q 2 stroke , I used it for the first time today Vancouver BC had its first snow fall. Great machine pick it up your self and put it in the back of the truck. good snow throwing a little noisey though being a 2 stroke. Cleared a 100' x 60' lot in 20 min and 75' of side walk. tymusic