1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro groundmaster snow machine

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HPSInc, Nov 14, 2015.

1. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

Just picked this up today. 4wd, heated cab, 55hp diesel with a 72" blower. wesport

image.jpg

2. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

Another view

image.jpg

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Cool machine! How old is it?

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Dad ran those style mowers for years. We had 2 72 Lesco diesels that did the majority. Great tractors

5. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Nice machine, What are your plan for the 72'' blower?

6. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

It's a 2000. Going to either drop it at one of my accounts or keep it at my shop and bring it out for when it's really needed. Ran a few of these but smaller ones for a guy last year to help him out and decided it was time I got my own. Can't be too prepared in the good ole B-lo

Check out stark summit in Ohio if your ever in the market for a wide area mower. Good guy to deal with

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  7. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking machine......I like the lights and turn signals.....Whats the chicken wire over the chute opening for???.....:drinkup:

8. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

I was meaning to ask the guy but forgot to. Honestly I'm not sure what it's for...maybe to keep snow from flying straight out or something if it jams up?....beats me

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I believe it's meant to prevent people from reaching inside to clear clogs in the chute. Our 2 stage simplicity's used to come with a metal cage over the bottom of the chute. That of course is the first thing to get removed from the blowers because it causes them to clog easier...who needs hands and fingers anyways.

10. HPSInc

HPSInc Member

That crossed my mind as well but you just think why would they really need to put that there for that but ya you definately might be right

11. Nice looking machine.

My guess is the wire is to reduce/limit debris from being shot out of the sheet and damaging cars/houses etc. That blower would probably toss a rock a good ways.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Never seen a 455 setup like that, pretty sweet.