1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Grandstand MultiForce

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mark Oomkes, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So now that they're "public", anyone on PS lucky enough to be a tester last year?

I bought one this summer, for the express purpose of being able to ewse one year round. Toro has finally released pricing for the plows (although I was really hoping for the vac system first) and it's a bit spendy.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

3. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

You can use a ventrac year around...Many attachments...Plus..You get to sit down...Not stand..:hammerhead:

4. Defcon 5

In the video...The guy says it does the work of
    four men....if that's the case a Ventrac does th
    e work of ten men from a heated cab sitting down....poor guy that's gotta run that in a Blizzard freezing his twig and berry's off....I pretty sure it won't be Marci....:drinkup:

5. Mark Oomkes

OK, snowman.

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I can do the work of 4men on my own but that's a topic for another discussion.......
    Cold is snot a problem when you have the right gear and moving. As far as the frank and beans freezing.....it could be a blessing in the big scheme of things since some genetics shouldn't be passed on.
    VT's maneuverability is it's short coming along with the size and weight mulch like a person of my stature (beat you to it buckaroo). The GS wood run circles around a VT in close quarters and it's mulch cheeper two.

Afsvanderveen likes this.
  7. Defcon 5

I figured Oomonkey would call in reinforcements.....Wheres Sno???

That machine has nowhere near the horsepower to tow your missing link rear around....

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

That would get old in about 5 min. That's not the bosses machine, that's for Mooks Minions.

SnoFarmer and Mark Oomkes like this.
  9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Imagine being the poor guy that has to run the thing with the rotary broom...

10. Defcon 5

Well...According to the man with an Ego to match Oomkes....Buffy says if you dress proper it's a non issue....:hammerhead:

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Haven't mulch from Marci today (still have 70% fone battery), so no alliance thing going on it's just my own free will....

I'd just stick a supercharger or turbo on the ***** to haul me around, just think aboot the traction my missing link arse wood provide....

Dam straight..... I'm no old middle age flatlander women like sum are, I love the cold...

12. Defcon 5

All kidding aside...Looks like a very productive machine....Just not sure Marks wife is gonna be happy running it....:drinkup:

13. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

She said it beats a shovel.

FredG likes this.
  14. Mark Oomkes

15. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Always here for you sporto....

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

says the guy who doesn't get ooot of his truck.

FredG likes this.
  17. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I get oot and shovel a couple resi's that I do close to home instead of having my shovel monkey drive 7miles the wong direction, plus I get oot to make yellow snow.........

FredG likes this.
  18. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

We used a Zee for two years with a plow on it, worked great, just a tad rough on the machine though - we don't use it anymore. Rust and electrical problems...

How'd the Z spray sidewalk thing go? I'd think winter would be harsh on those too....

19. Mark Oomkes

The ZSpray works fantastic, except on long runs in heavy snows, like public walks. It is fantastic to be able to plow and salt all at once. But I can't quite justify having 2 or 3 sitting around. And the B&S engine is garbage.

I went ahead and ordered the plow for the GS, saw it in person at B&B's open hoose. It lifts very high and has down pressure.

As is usual with Toro\Cat\John Deere, nothing is cheap. But the price includes a set of tyres\wheels, some blinky lights, LED work lights, the hydraulic control, cylinder and Boss ATV plow.

It's an investment in non-Harbor Freight equipment.

framer1901 likes this.
  20. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 Senior Member

Yea no salting capabilities would suck, is it actually going to push more then a Z having less weight... Just sold my last Exmark this year absolute j-u-n-k.... Thought about a snowrator for those heavy situations as an alternate option as we are looking at some downtown city walks and can see them being a pita with frozen and truck thrown heavy crap...