1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Commercial Single Stage - Anyone Use them?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MikeRi24, Sep 9, 2014.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Looking at picking up a couple of these units this year:

Just wondering if anyone has used them and what your thoughts are? I know it's a new model as of last year, but loos like they've beefed up a few components for commercial use. My only concern is it appears to be the same wheels and axle assembly as the standard model, and that has seemed to be a weak point for my older units. Anyone thats used them have any feedback as far as increased durability and power to justify the extra price tag?
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I miss the ccr2450/3650 models.
  3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Me and a buddy still have one. Handy lil things. I literately had one fall off the back of my truck a few years ago. Went back over to where I had travled 30 mins later. GONE.

Same with my old enclosed trailer. Door lock didn't work properly backpack blower fell out. I no longer own that trailer... Some guys pulled up beside me and said I lost something back there.. The prob took it. :mad:
  4. SnowGuy73

Same here, I have two 3650 and a 2450. Love them, just sucks they don't make them anymore.
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have the 418 model Its a horse I love it
    Bad part its plastic the cage is and I found some river rock busted a hole in it I think the 21'' models same way I bought a 21'' but I bought a Craftsman not by choice big storm coming in and I need another blower That's was it On Craftsman the cage is metal My son said he hit a lot of rocks with it didn't do a thing to it
    I love the 418 easy to lift and it can fit in the passenger floor board
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  6. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

bought 3 last year theyre great. way better than my 2450's
  7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I like those models as well and have been looking for a used one for the last couple of years, but I recently put a bid out on 2 condo complexes with a lot of sidewalk work, and it has to get done and has to get done fast so I can't take a chance with something used/older and also need something thats gonna power through it.
  8. circleD

circleD Junior Member

Used both the new toro's and the honda's. Honda's held up better. About the same price.
  9. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

have toro 2450 for sale 250.00
  10. SnowGuy73

I hear you.
  11. SnowGuy73

Interesting, might have look into the Honda.
  12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

In what ways did the Honda hold up better? Also, which models? Thanks.