1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro CCR3650 vs Ariens 722EC

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CarlosT, Oct 15, 2003.

1. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

Any thoughts? The Toro is a known quality unit. The Ariens has a decent name behind it but a Tecumseh 2-banger vs the Toro's RTek(Duraforce). They're both fairly reasonably priced.

2. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

we run the toro 3650s. no troubles. if we need a beefier 2 stage unit then we use ariens which seem to do the best. for our work, and for ease of movement the 3650 is the way to go.

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I love my two CCR's they have never ever let me down. Only thing ive ever had to do to them was replace a broker recoil cord.

Jay

4. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

I have a chance to pick up a CCR3650 for $599 with recoil start or $699 with electric start. Should I save my money and skip the electric start?

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I would buy the electric start model,and strip off the starter and sell it.Those little starters are expensive !

I have never seen the need for electric start.If it's properly tuned it should start first or second pull.Not a lot of places to plug in when your on site.The electric start adds weight too,so it makes the machine heavier.

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

IMO the electric starts are no good unless you have some type of condition where you cant pull (aka a hernia or are elderly). I have never used my electric start.

Jay

7. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

So does anyone run an Ariens 722EC? It seems to be a good value and the dealer is nearby.