1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro CCR 2450 GTS

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by peterng, Oct 29, 2010.

1. peterng

peterng Senior Member

So after weeks of reading and watching videos of these things on youtube I bought the 2450 today. One last internet search and I found this:

The reason these things seize up is because the muffler sits directly on top of the exhaust port which pours directly into the cylinder. The motor sits at a 45 degree angle and the exhaust port is on top with the muffler sitting right on top of the hole.

Take a guess what happens to the inside of a muffler on a small two-stroke engine?............It builds up carbon!

Take a guess what happens to the carbon inside the muffler when it is being shaken violently?..........It falls right in to the cylinder!

I rebuilt one for a friend and was absolutely stunned how stupid the design is on this thing.

Toro is telling people they failed to use the proper mixture or that their oil and gas is separating.......pure BS! I had similar problems with a Toro lawn mower and Toro blamed everything from me to my neighbors but refused to acknowledge the design flaws that were plain as day.

I found that at:

I thought WTF eh. Anyone else have any insight or personal experience with the 2450 seizing up? Should I return it and fork out another $300 for the 221?

Any insight appreciated. This thing scares me now.
  2. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

do a search on here where there are people who know what there doing not homeowners who think they know it all
  3. peterng

peterng Senior Member

ya you're dead on after one night. fluke I came across that. I own a tree service company in summer months, no homeowner is going to grab that saw and start it like I know how. 2 strokes are different.

I was giving some credence to the carbon guys theory though.

When I did search on this site I found your comment about your troubles and all together I got the intitial wft feeling about the unit.

rock solid guys, my initial enthusiasm in the unit is restored.