1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro ccr 2400 gts

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by offroadfx4, Feb 24, 2011.

1. offroadfx4

offroadfx4 Junior Member

Yesterday I decided to get my toro single stage up to snuff so i can put it in the back of my truck and use it for walks. Well i was having troubles with it not pulling itself and since i have a large 2 stage I just let it sit. Well yesterday i put new paddles and a new scrapper on it, changed the spark plug, drained the gas, cleaned it all up nice and take it out to enjoy my work. It still will not pull itself, any clue on why ? i figured the paddles were the reason it was not pulling itself, but now i am clueless

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

New belt? Do the paddles stop when they engage the ground?

3. offroadfx4

offroadfx4 Junior Member

no, i took it for a test spin and it seems as if the blade might lift it too much, the paddles dont touch the ground at all however, if i tip the blower forward a lot it starts going on its own. It looks as though i just need to tough it out until the blade gets a little more worn down until it starts to work

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That's how you use those blowers, you tip them forward to get them to self propel. There is nothing wrong with your blower.