1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro CCR 2000

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Italiano67, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I bought one of these off of Ebay and it looks really clean. It has the Suzuki engine. Starts on the first pull and we gave it a complete tuneup and new belt. The problem is it doesnt seem to run at the right engine spped. Too slow of RPM and it doesnt throw snow as far as my Powerlite. Checked the governor and it is opening. Cant figure it out and am so mad it just might be set by the curb.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Mine is the same way, just always figured thats the way they were. Maybe thats why they last so long and start reliably--not all worn out inside.

And I wouldn't trade the machine away for any other blower...!
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Just got done doing my driveway with the same blower. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Always starts in 1-2 pulls and has been very reliable for the last 10 years.
  4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I haven't really worked on the new ones, but my old snappers and toros were also slow.:realmad: I would just tweak the gov rod to make them a little shorter and whalla! I have snow throwing screaming beasts. All I would do is put a bend in the rod from the carb to gov. This will make it shorter and open more at high rpm. Just be careful not to go to far, otherwise say goodbye to your good motor. I would just bend a little and try it. If you want more, just bend it a little more.
    Hope this helps!:waving:
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

....or if you're serious about setting it out by the curb, I'd happily pay to ship it here.... ;)