1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro CCR 2000 Paddle Replacement Tips?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by snow4me, Dec 1, 2010.

1. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I was able to remove the old worn paddle but ran into problems trying to hold the nyloc nut on the outer screw hole. Is there a way to easily remove the entire drive axle? I can't fit my fat fingers into the small space between the auger and the metal housing to hold the nut long enough to catch a thread on the screw. How are you supposed to do this job???

2. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I figured out a way to use needle nose vise grips to hold the nut and a torx screwdriver which allowed me to put pressure on the screw and get the threads started. The other key was using WD-40 on the screw so it wouldn't bind on the rubber paddle. Lastly use a clip on work light attached to the snow chute so you can see what you are doing in this tight space. I takes some patience and hand/eye coordination to do this job but it is doable.