1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 828 LXE TEC. HMSK 90

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PR Fect, Jan 10, 2011.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect Member

I have a Toro 828 LXE. It has a Tecumseh HMSK 90 engine. And guess what? It surges or hunts at high RPM. I have spent many hours searching on the Internet for the specs for this engine and the carburetor settings. It seems this is very common problem. The Tecumseh tec handbook was some help part No. 692509 or 740049. But it lacks the RPM settings.
    In order to maybe help one of you and save some time, here is what I did. I replaced the non-adjustable carburetor 640052or640349 with the ADJUSTABLE 632334A. Its an exact match. I set the high speed at 3,450 rpms low speed at 1,350. My blower has the head light. And it now runs great! I got the carb from Pats Small Engine. Ordered it on Friday, hit my door step on Monday. Hope this helps the next guy save some time. PR