1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 3650's - BOTH Dead.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PremierLand, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Heres the problem:

Both will not "throw" the snow, they just pile snow in front of the darn thing. I've tightened/notched the tensioner up more, and it has not done any good.

Both are Toro 3650's which are 2 years old, which have worked great up until the past 2 storms.... I put new flappers and wear bar on them in the fall, but I am going to replace them again tomorrow, and also replace the belts, hoping to solve the problem. BUT if not, or if you think it is something else, please respond.

Thank You!

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I sometimes have the same problem with my 2450. It will only "throw" the snow when there is only a couple inches or more. Anything under that and it will just spit it out.

3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

Mark - it's most likey the belt - replace it. Hope that helps.

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I replaced the belt, flappers, scraper edge and scraper housing. Works like new again!

Parts for these units, set me back about $200, for both. I guess thats where they make their money though.

5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The gap between the paddles and housing was too large wasn't it?

6. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I had replaced the paddles and scraper bar on mine and it didn't help. The belt doesn't seem stretched but I think I will have to try a new one. Thank you.