1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 3650 single stage snow blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joed, Dec 8, 2007.

1. joed

joed Member

I'm getting set to buy a toro 3650 snow blower. I just need to decide between getting:
    1. 2 cycle 141 cc engine
    2. 4 cycle 195 cc, Tecumseh snow king engine.

Price is pretty much the same, here in Canada. Which of the two engines is better?
  2. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Most of the guys on here will swear by the 2 cycle 141cc engine. I have a couple and wouldnt be without thempayup
  3. Yoman

Yoman Junior Member
    from Toronto

Go for 2 cycle 141cc engine, I got two at the site works great
  4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought a 2 cycle, havent got it yet but I hear they are good.

5. Hi Joed, I was just looking into this myself. I used the search function to check out a few candidates that had been mentioned in the forums and the Toro 3650 seemed to work well and was quite reliable for others that had purchased them. Armed with this info I went to the dealer to get my own and low and behold they discontinued the 3650 and came out with a new 4 cycle model (Power Clear 421) that replaced it. Now the confusion starts, do I go for the new 4 cycle model or get the 2 cycle replacement (Power Clear 221) for the 2450? Anyway I asked the dealer for their opinion re the new 4 cycle model and they said it is not as powerful as the 3650 and that they have been recommending to stay with the 2 cycle model. As luck would have it I found the 3650 at another dealer and ended up getting that. Have used it a few times and it works great. Doesn't deal with ice or packed snow very well but I already knew that from others comments. Really looking forward to seeing how it performs in real snow and it looks like I will get my wish this weekend. Weather report says we are going to get dumped on.

So to make a long story short stay with the 2 cycle engines - either the 3650 or the new PC 221. Should be able to get a bit of a deal on the 3650 now as they are discontinued. Good luck with your purchase and get ready for the snow!
  6. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

I know of a couple dealers that have huge stock piles of 3650's, A couple only had 2 of the new models on hand....
  7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Just picked up a 3650 two stroke. 599.00. This is the first year for the four I believe.
  8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

2 stroker !! I will NEVER use another blower after using one of these! They really kick some A$$$!!:eek: I was shocked on how good they do !