1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 3650 -How often replace belt, paddles, blade?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by noname70, Dec 21, 2008.

1. noname70

noname70 Junior Member
    from NY

Hi I have a two year old Toro 3650. I just had the auger belt replaced by the dealer for the first time and paid $60-never again.
    I'd like to do this myself in the future...is it easy enough? Also, how often should I replace this belt, paddles, and blade?

Thanks much.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The paddles will depend on how much weight you put on the front of it. If you make it pull itself along then you will replace them more often then if you push and help it. The belt is easy. The cutting bar I haven't replaced just the paddles.

3. Dodge318

Dodge318 Junior Member

I am a small engine mechanic and Toro dealer. The paddles have a wear indicator on them. It's an 1/8" hole about 1/4" off the end of the paddle. When that isn't there replace. Most home owners go 7-8 years or better on the paddles. Commercial about 1-2 yrs depending on use. You can run the scraper down to the nub, just replace it before the ground starts eating into the plastic housing. Time is usually about the same as the paddles.

Replace the belt when it starts sliping. The belts can go a long time.

4. Dodge318

Dodge318 Junior Member

PS.

Changing the paddles is straight foward but a PITA. The scraper and belt are very easy. I can do a belt in less tha 5 minutes so the dealer really screwed you. Paddles will still take me about 30-45 minutes depending on rust and I've done 100s

5. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

You did ok on getting the belt replaced considering the hourly charge of the dealer and there is most likely a minimum charge.