1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 3650 bogs down and won't recover

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lawn Vet, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Lawn Vet

Lawn Vet Senior Member
    from SE MI

I've got a Toro 3650 that's been a pain in my butt. It starts great and gets through about half a sidewalk then bogs down and won't even idle back up. I've spent 2 days on this POS and am down to thinking it needs a govenor adjustment. Anyone ever had to deal with this sorta thing?

New fuel filter, belt this year.

2. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

Sounds like a carb issue of some sort. If you're not familiar with rebuilding carbs like this it is relatively easy to swap it for a new one. By the way, this is the same engine that was used on the Lawnboy commercial mower before they discontinued it. If you happen to have one of those around you could pull the carb off that.

3. Lawn Vet

Lawn Vet Senior Member
    from SE MI

Thanks Mustang but we're both right. It is the throttle which is controlled only by the governor. The throttle itself must be sticking. I'm currently attempting to remedy but it is verrrry cold in the shop today.

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Check the high speed carb jet:salute:

5. genok

genok Junior Member

if your present carb is plastic, replace it. the new replacement carbs are now made of metel. the plastic carbs when they heat up, cause the throttle body to warp. there are two things that can happen when this occurs, one very low idle, which you are experiencing and two unsafe high rpms. gene

6. genok

genok Junior Member

if your present carb is plastic, replace it. the new replacement carbs are now made of metel. the plastic carbs when they heat up, cause the throttle body to warp. there are two things that can happen when this occurs, one very low idle, which you are experiencing and two unsafe high rpms. gene

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Does the 2450 have the same carb causing this same problem? One of my 2450's will sometimes spin at an uncontrolled RPM very very fast. Boy does it throw the snow when it does this!